Avinash Persaud is an accomplished financial expert and Emeritus Professor of Gresham College. He has held positions as a Visiting Scholar at the IMF and ECB, and as a Distinguished Advisor to the Financial Sector Law Reform Commission of India. With over two decades of experience in finance, he has held senior executive roles at J. P. Morgan, UBS, State Street, and GAM London Ltd.
Additionally, Mr. Persaud served as the Governor of the London School of Economics. He has received numerous awards for his contributions to global finance, including the Jacques de Larosiere Award from the Institute of International Finance. In recognition of his expertise, he was voted one of the top three public intellectuals in the world on the financial crisis by a panel for Prospect Magazine.
- Non-Executive Chairman of Elara Capital PLC and Intelligence Capital Ltd
- Chairman, regulatory sub-committee of the UN Commission on Financial Reform
- Chairman, Warwick Commission
- Member of the UK Treasury’s Audit and Risk Committee and the Pew Task Force to the US Senate Banking Committee
- President of the British Association for the Advancement of Science (Section F) in 2010
- Director of the Global Association of Risk Professionals and the Royal Economics Society